Last Modified: January 2, 2020
1. Information We Collect
We may obtain information about you when you communicate with us through the Website or social media, when you access the Website, or when you call or email us. We also may obtain information about you from our business partners and other third parties and from publicly available information.
The types of information we may collect include:
- Your Personal Information and demographic information (such as zip or postal code and company name), if you choose to provide it or if we obtain it in the manner described above. You do not have to give us any Personal Information or demographic information in order to read the content portions of the Website.
- Information submitted when you contact us through the Website.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
In addition, when you visit the Website, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, as described in more detail below. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to the Website, and pages and URLs that visitors view once they leave the Website.
- Dates and times of visits to the Website.
- Information on actions taken on the Website (such as page views and site navigation patterns).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses the Website.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach the Website.
The Website does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Third party applications and plugins, such as social media integration, may treat DNT signals differently. The Website is not responsible for and makes no disclosure concerning the tracking, advertising, or privacy practices of those third-party integrations or plugins.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Provide products or services you request.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Website.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Contact you and deliver information to you that is targeted to your interests; enable you to communicate with us through social media; and solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further communications.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors' use of our Website and social media assets.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
We also use non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about your computer (including your IP address) and your accessing of the Website in order to operate, maintain and manage the Website. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies, as described in more detail below.
If we seek to use the information we obtain about you in other ways, we will provide specific notice and request your consent at the time of collection.
3. Information We Share
We do not share, sell, trade, or license your Personal Information to any unrelated third parties for their marketing use. However, we may share Personal Information with our service providers who help us in the delivery of our products and services to you. These service providers may only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law.
The Company also may disclose specific user information when we determine, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of the Company or other users of the Website.
In addition, Personal Information we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization of the Company.
The Website may use Google Analytics. For more information on how information collected by that service is used, see https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. The Website may also use marketing automation tools, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Trustpilot, in order to communicate with you and help us improve our services.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are contractually obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
4. About Cookies
A "cookie" is a small piece of information that the Website can send to your browser, which can then be stored on your computer's hard drive so we can recognize you upon your return to the Website. Our cookies do not contain any Personal Information, but they do enable us to provide specific features to you when visiting our Website. You may set your Web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Should you decide not to accept cookies from us, you may limit the functionality we can provide during your visit to the Website.
5. Links to Other Websites
The Website may contain links, integrations or plugins to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not owned by the Company and may have their own privacy policies, which you should review if you visit those sites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites not owned by the Company, any use of those sites, or those sites' privacy practices.
6. How We Protect Personal Information
The Company maintains appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the Personal Information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private. As a user of the Website, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Website and the internet generally.
9. California Residents
Under California's "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities).
To obtain this information, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Request for California Privacy Information' on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
10. Children's Privacy
This Website is not directed to children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we have collected Personal Information from someone under age 13, please email us at email@example.com, or call us at 1-866-989-2563. Prospective users between the ages of 13 and 17 can only use the Website and services under their parent's or legal guardian's supervision. If you are between the ages of 13 and 17, you, your parent, or your legal guardian may request that we remove any of your information in our database and/or opt-out from receiving communications from us. If you wish to do so, please email us at the address provided above.
11. Updates to Our Policy
12. How To Contact Us
AllPoints Foodservice Parts & Supplies, LLC, Attn: Marketing Director
607 W. Dempster St.
Mount Prospect, IL 60056